Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Only fools and horses work

In seven short years the average price of a house in Peterborough increased by over one hundred thousand pounds.

Imagine that for a moment. You buy a house in 2000, sit back and watch it add £15,000 a year to your wealth. Why would you ever want to work when you can own a house that will take care of the messy business of securing an income stream?

Personally, I can't give you a good answer to that question. The best I can do is suggest that for the country as a whole something is a amiss.

I have this naive idea that a country's greatness can only be built on hard work and industry. It is a foolish and outdated idea. In fact, it was probably unfashionable long before I was even born.

When this idea of diligence and honest effort is contrasted with the Peterborough housing market, there is no contest. Speculation wins out by a mile.

As Del boy might say, hard work is only for fools and horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...