Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A mid-year update on site development and support

In an earlier post I shared my hope that the Theology on the Web sites would eventually generate sufficient income to allow me to spend more of my time developing them. One way that I hoped that this would happen was by selling advertising space to selected UK Bible Colleges. With this in mind I wrote to 20 colleges in mid-February offering advertising space and suggesting several other ways in which they might like to support site development. Although two colleges initially showed some interest in advertising neither has to date followed through. I have, however, received considerable help from two others, London School of Theology and All Nations. Both have provided me with numerous photocopies of articles free-of-charge - for which I am extremely grateful.

Over the last two months I have spent time developing table of contents for a number of evangelical journals, Evangelical Quarterly, European Journal of Theology, Journal of Transactions of the Victoria Institute, Faith and Thought and the Caribbean Journal of Evangelical Theology. I see this as essential preparation for my future plans to make many of the articles themselves available. None of these table of contents currently available on-line to those who have no access to academic databases.

I appreciate Matt Dabb's words of support and the response I have received from a host of others to my requests for bibliographic data. Finally, a word of thanks to the authors and publishers of the books and articles that I have reproduced who have kindly allowed their hard work to be made available to all comers at no cost.

Coming soon, Vox Evangelica Vol. 9 - now in final proof-reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...