Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My New Meat Grinder


Today I broke out my newest toy - a KitchenAid grinder attachment for our Artisan stand mixer. My little sister hit the nail on the head when she gave it to me as a Christmas gift this year. I was excited to get grinding and my only apprehension was that there was no going back. I'm happy to report that there is no going back. It was so simple, so easy to clean, that I can't understand why more people don't grind their own (assuming you own a stand mixer). If you buy meat from a butcher nearby there really is no reason to grind your own, but I discovered an entirely different level of flavor being able to grind, patty, and begin cooking in the space of 30 seconds. I read Jeffrey Steingarten's piece in Vogue on burgers and home-grinding last October and thought he was nutz, but could be on to something. I can safely say now that today, right out of the gate, I made the best burger I've ever made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...