Search This Blog

Monday, March 31, 2008

ARVC March Blog

ARVC March Blog

Is a seasonal camping space right for you, or should you take your camper on the road and experience several camping locations?

These are questions that campers may ask themselves at different times in their lives. Whether it’s when they get their first travel trailer or their third motorhome, different times in life bring different camping needs and desires.

Having a seasonal site - a destination that you can take advantage of each weekend or vacation that you can get away - makes sense to many people who see their RV or motorhome as a second home or vacation home. However, for others, the experience of finding someplace new to enjoy makes more sense, so they enjoy hitting the road each weekend or vacation time they can manage to get away.

But whether you choose to hit the same spot each time, knowing that your home on wheels with some possible amenities you won’t receive at a weekend only getaway - such as a permanent deck off your RV or knowing your weekend neighbors - or your choose the freshness of something new - visiting new parks with new experiences and activities, you can find many places to enjoy your RV. And with spring here and warmer days on the horizon, now is the time to make your choice - permanent or transient.

One way to decide is to try a park that offers seasonal sites during the summer and see what you think. Talk to the seasonal park users and see if they seem to have the same expectations from their destination as you.

Here are some questions you may want to ask yourself to determine what is best for you:

Do I want to haul my camper once this season, or would I rather drive it regularly to my destination?

Do I want to visit the same place each weekend, or each time I can get away, or do I want fresh experiences?

Do I want to leave things where they are, and just bring what we’ll need for the weekend or week, whatever the length of visit?

Do I have the time to make reservations for each weekend or vacation?

Would I rather make my reservation once - in the spring?

Will I use my camper enough to cover the cost of the seasonal site?

Will I use my camper more if I have it readily available for spontaneous trips?

Will I tire of the same place?

Do I see my RV as a second home?

Do I see my RV as a home on wheels that can take me to new places?

Whatever your answers to these questions, here are some parks you may want to try. They offer both weekend and seasonal sites.

* Honcho Rest Campground, Elk Rapids, Mich. Opened May 1-Oct. 7 with 58 sites.

* Adirondack Camping Village, Lake George, N.Y. Opened Mid-May-Mid-Sept. with 165 sites.

* Pinecrest RV Park Resort, Russell Springs, Ky. Opened April 1-Oct. 31 with 50-plus sites.

* Beaver Lake Campground, Custer, S.D. Opened March 1-Oct.1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...