Search This Blog

Friday, April 6, 2007

Maps Mashups Made Easier

Posted by Scott McMullan, Enterprise Partner Team

Yesterday the Google Maps team announced a new feature that makes it easier to create custom maps: My Maps. To quote their blog post, "So easy a caveman could do it."

Well, even with my degree in Computer Science, I admit to being a bit of a caveman when it comes to map mashups. I just never got around to it. Sure it was relatively easy, but the point and click, drag and drop features in My Maps makes it so easy that even a... You get the idea.

As an example, last year we announced the Google Mini Map, which required a little programming to create, and a little more to update for each new customer.

Contrast that with the Google Apps partner map I made yesterday in about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...