Search This Blog

Friday, February 1, 2008

Spotted Pig Burger


After hearing about the closing of Yankee Doodle, I decided I needed a burger to lift my spirits. For a long time now I've been trying to get to the Spotted Pig in my old West Village neighborhood to try their fabled burger. After a long, lunchtime wait with the vegetarian wife and her cousin Dan I can report that the rumors are true: this is one helluva burger. Made from a 'secret beef blend' by Pat LaFrieda the burgers were juicy, perfectly cooked, and dripping with just the right amount of creamy Roquefort cheese. The only downside here is that the chef tends to favor a bleeding burger over a cooked one. Noticing burgers at nearby tables being sent back to the kitchen for more heat I decided to order mine medium-well. The hunch paid off and my burger showed up, I kid you not, pink throughout. Cousin-in-law Dan ordered his medium and received a burger that was pink and dark throughout. Dan and I marveled at the crazy cross-hatch branding on the bun and wondered how they did it. The bun, at first glance, looked as if you could hurl it at someone and really do some damage, but turned out to be ridiculously soft and tasty. The price of this burger however will do some damage ($17), but it'll be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...