Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Fun Book Signing at Irv's!


This afternoon I had a scheduled book signing at Irv's Burgers in West Hollywood. Not a lot of people showed up (4pm on a tuesday is kinda rough for most) but those who did come down were great. I did what I love to do most, which is to sit around and wax nostalgic about America. I completely lost track of time and spent almost 2 hours chatting with my new friends Paul, Ted, and screenwriter/author Carl Gottlieb. I also got to eat one of my favorite burgers in LA - an Irv's double with cheese, pickles, mustard and mayo. While I was eating at my usual spot at one of the three beat-up stools only 5 feet from the traffic of Santa Monica Blvd., I noticed some grilled onions on the griddle. I had no idea that Sonia offered grilled onions. New friend Ted told me that I must get one of Sonia's breakfast burritos next time I'm near Irv's in the AM. I asked Sonia to pose for a photo out front and she quickly complied (above). I had no idea how tiny this burger icon was! (Or maybe I'm huge). The photo was snapped by DJ, the bookseller that came from Book Soup to sell books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...