Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What do you call this......?

In any civilized country, a conversation like the one below, between a business representative and a member of the legislature would be considered to be corrupt.

In Britain, this doesn't appear to be the case....

The Sunday Times: "Obviously, from our point of view, this would be something we would remunerate you for. And I don't think money is an object. But [what] I would ask you to do, I think, is to give us some idea of what a fee structure would be."

Lord Taylor: "This is absolutely difficult, this is very difficult for me because some companies that I work with will pay me £100,000 a year."

The Sunday Times: "£100,000?"

Lord Taylor:
"Oh yes. That's cheap for what I do for them. And other companies will pay me £25,000. It all depends on what you are trying to do and how much time I think I am going to spend on it."

The Sunday Times: "Those fees are not impossible. They are all fine."

Lord Taylor: "Yes, but these are the sort of fees I get. I am being absolutely honest with you. I am not exaggerating. It's whether I want to do it or not. You've got to whet my appetite, to get me to come on board."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...