Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

pensioner squatters

I saw this story of a 71 year old on breakfast TV this morning. I nearly drowned in my own cereal when I heard that someone gave her a loan of one million quid. I would love to hear the loan officer's side of the story. What were they thinking when they handed this woman a loan?

Aged 71 and the daughter of a millionaire property tycoon, she's not your average squatter. But Rosalie Reeves-Fisher says she has no choice. The spinster inherited her £2.2million home from her mother, who bought it in 1973 after the death of her husband, a millionaire property developer.

But a mortgage company evicted her when she was unable to maintain payments on a £1.2million loan. Miss Reeves-Fisher, however, was not prepared to accept the judgment - and broke back in.


(From the Mail)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...