Search This Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bibliotheca Sacra Table of Contents Under Development

Now that the table of contents for the Journal of Biblical Literature is complete my main project for the rest of the year will be completing the TOC for Bibliotheca Sacra and integrating this material into my sites. As part of this process I will be using PDF's made available by Google Books to produce and host OCRed pdfs of individual articles published from 1844-1921 (i.e. those in the Public Domain - a fact I have double-checked with the journal's current editor). This will mean that these articles will be soon available in countries where they are currently blocked by Google, including the UK. Google have indicated that they are happy for me to do this.

Although this is in progress, I am far from happy with the quality of many of the Google Book PDF's, which have a large file size, are often dirty and some (I have noted) are incomplete (and therefore useless) as they have been scanned incorrectly. For these reasons I would prefer to produce my own set of scans to replace them. What I will need, of course, is access to these early issues of Bibliotheca Sacra. So, if anyone can assist in loaning, donating or selling me the necessary materials, please let me know. Ideally I will need access to them at home, as I do not have time to travel to a library to scan them there, as all this work is done in my "spare" time -  a precious commodity at present. Please let me know if you can help with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...